Fallbrook Energy Consultants is your solar specialist for Title 24 documentation. C.E.P.E. R-05-05-5224
Certified H.E.R.S. Solar PV Verification Rater #CCNDW183438
N.S.H.P. New Solar Home Partnership If you are interested in participating in the N.S.H.P., here are some items as it relates to Title24.
1. Title 24 Documentation Author must be a C.E.P.E. and Title 24 standards must be exceeded by 15 % minimum.
2. Start with a correct CF1R-PV. ( correct shading and equipment )
3. Use the California Flexible Install only where 2 : 1 minimal shading characteristics apply. ( Distance > 2x Height )
4. Use California Specific Install on your CF1R-PV calculator where shading does not meet minimal shading criteria or other alternatives apply.
5. All builder installed appliances must be Energy Star.
6. Contact a H.E.R.S. Rater early in your design / build process.
A. H.E.R.S.Rater will verify the solar array and equipment and will provide the correct documentation only after verifying that the house has met ALL of the criteria in the Title 24 documentation. Get your H.E.R.S Rater involved in the process early as there are some items that must be verified during the construction process. e.g. wall insulation meets Title 24 standard
i.e. Build in accordance with your Title 24
Solar Hot Water
Solar hot water heating is a wonderful alternative to save energy. One must balance it’s higher cost with a life time of inexpensive hot water.